Plex Media Server:
Plex is a client-server media player system as well as it is an ancillary software suite. This application is running on Windows, macOS, and Linux also. The official website of the Plex is plex.rv. The developers of the Plex is Plex Inc. There are several operating systems such as Roku, Microsoft Windows, and Android, Linux, iOS are supporting the Plex.
About Plex Media Server:
The official license of Plex is Freemium, GNU that is a general public license. The very big news about Plex is it is free for you and it also includes the Plex Web Application. The Application such as Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Plex media player, etc.
Plex offers a way to get easy access to the entire digital library from any type of compatible computer, smartphone as well as any streaming type device, it cannot need to transfer or move any files manually.
What are the Plex specifications?
- The very first important terms are it can run on all expert operating systems.
- It has an NVIDIA SHIELD.
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 routers.
- It has compatible NAS devices.
- All important web browsers that include chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, and safari.
- The smartphone includes Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Video game consoles such as the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One.
Set up of Plex:
To set the Plex server on your personal computer then you have to do some steps so you set up easily.
To use and set-up the Plex you have to install the Plex media server on the NAS that is the network-attached server or you can install it on the computer also. Make sure that you install it where your data such as videos, music are stored.
When you install the Plex on the smartphones, tablets, or the televisions streaming devices as well as on your game consoles. Then you have to launch the application and then start to use it to stream your media files from the Plex media.
But before that you have to use it by doing sign in for an account with the help of this service, you have to install the server software.
For that you have few steps those are as follows:
- You have to open the official page of Plex that is Plex.tv
- Then go to sign up option and click on that.
- When you click on the signup button then click on that after that you will get the choices such as continue with Google, Continue with Facebook, Or continue with Email.
- Then select any option as per your convenience then enter the password of your login o matter if it’s Facebook or Google. Enter the email address and select any password, after that click on the create account.
- This is the easiest way to sign up for the Plex.
How to download and install Plex?
When you easily and successfully sign up for the Plex account, then you are ready to download and install the Plex Media Server software. When you install this software then you can stream all your different media files from computer one central system to any other type of device.
To download and install you have to follow the following steps:
- First, open the browser and navigate the plex.tv/media-server-downloads.
- Then select the operating system or any platform to use.
- Then you have to click on the download button.
- After downloading you have to launch the Plex Media Server file and after that click on the install button.
- After your installation is done then you have to select launch.
Remember that when you launch the Plex media server software then it will automatically run in the background. You can also change or make settings on the appl.plex.tv/desktop.
Required Plex Applications:
As there are different applications that you can use if you won’t use the Plex on them. The Plex media player application is the software you need to install on your devices.
- Windows OS: You can install Plex from Microsoft Store.
- Android: You can download Plex on Google play.
- iOS: In iOS, you can download Plex on the App store.
- Amazon Fire: You can download Plex from the Amazon.
- Roku: In Roku, you can download Plex from the Roku channel store.
This are the different web applications by which you can download the Plex server.
Features of the Plex:
Plex pass is one of the fully-featured premium services that have the monthly, yearly as well as lifetime subscription options. The subscriber also gets access to the new features of the updated Plex.
Most of the well-known features of the Plex:
- Premium music: It provides lyrics for the songs no matter what song you are playing on the Plex also it is capable to generate the playlists like Spotify the songs application.
- Premium photos: It includes the auto-tagging for your pictures and it also helps to make it easier to the sorting as well as easy to access the photos that you want. Besides you also get the options that help to upload new pictures from your phone automatically.
- Movie and TV extras: It also allows you to watch cinematic trailers before you stream videos.
- Live TV.
- Offline Synchronizations.
- Parental Controls.
- Plex perks.
These are the various features of the Plex. It also knows as to provide free access to its subscribers. It also offers the installation on your children’s devices and locks them out from any type of negative content that you don’t want them to see and access.
Subscribers also get free access to partner discounts and you can take advantage of the new features that you can enjoy most.
Read More: Plexmediaserverdownload
Related Search Term:
- plex media server download
- plex media server download subtitles
- plex media server download windows 7
- plex media server download older versions
- plex media server download archive
- plex media server download not working
With the help of this information, you will get to know the Plex applications and you can also get enough and brief information about the Plex. You will also get the features and specifications of the Plex as you will get the detailed process of the download and installations. You also understand the basic information about the Plex and its services provided as free.